Thursday, July 25, 2013

Content

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me'” (Hebrews 13: 5-6, NIV)

I'm very blessed with having a good paying job and collecting a monthly disability check from the Veteran's Administration. As a federal worker, I am affected by the furlough which cuts 20% of my pay for the rest of the year and possibly into the next fiscal year.

Even though each check will be $436.00 less each month, I have faith in my Lord that I will be okay.  My family lives well below our means and though this cut is painful (my car payment), I know the Lord is with me and my family and I will be taken care of, provided for, and still be able to give to the Church each pay period.

This verse is a promise of God and I believe in his promises. I know He will be my Helper when I need him and if for some reason the blessings of a good job and pay go away, I know He will help provide for me and my family.  Compared to most people, I live relatively well, all things considered because God has put on my heart and has given my family the will to save money for the rainy days like the furlough.

I'm content with what I have and have accepted the fact that my paycheck will be short over $400 each month. I'm content because God promises that I will be taken care of, me and my family. I'm content with the pay cut and will keep moving forward. I don't blame God for my circumstance, but praise him for allowing me the blessing of having a secure job, with good pay, a house, and car, and a family that loves me and the Lord.  I'm content with my worldly material means and possessions. What other blessings do I need in that aspect of my life? None. I'm content.

I do seek blessings for other aspects of my life, namely my walk with Jesus. I pray that I'm blessed to have a better relationship with Him and I pray for the blessing of a loving heart, mind, and soul towards the One who created me and the One I will be with in eternity. I also seek the blessing of being able to speak to those who are unsaved and have faith Jesus will have them cross my path so I can touch them and impart to them the love of Jesus and what the future can hold for them

My worldly possessions are nothing as compared to what I want: heaven with Jesus. I know I don't love worldly possessions but love the Lord and Savior of my soul and that heaven will be so much better than what I have here on this earth. I can't wait to get there, though I know my journey is still on path and moving forward with the Lord: he is not done with me yet. 

Jesus is my focus, not what I have in my house. Jesus is so much more than material things and money.  I live in the confidence of His love for me and my family, that no matter what, I'm his child, and noting in this world will separate me from Him. I would rather loose everything I had if I can still have His love. My heart is full of love for the Lord and I have confidence in his promise of being taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment