Tuesday, May 13, 2014

just a thought


“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:11-12, NIV).
The Lord’s joy is in my soul always. No matter what happens during the day, the troubles and tribulations that I face, I am assured of His joy. Why? My joy is not of this world but of the Kingdom of God and heaven which I will ascend to someday. My joy is in my future relationship with the Jesus and to meet him face to face in joy and love.
Part of the joy I have is in his commandment to love others as He has loved me. What choice do I have but to love? God loved us so much that he sent His only Son to us, in this fallen world, to sacrifice Himself for our Salvation.
To not love one another is by default to hate others. Not having love for one another takes effort and takes energy away from furthering the kingdom of God.  Love is easy, for all you have to do is to let Jesus shine through you and your actions and your interactions with people. Do this and love will radiate from within you to others.
To love one another can be difficult at times but to put the effort forth to choose to love even those who seemingly do not deserve love, gives you a sense of peace, regardless of other’s response to your love. You see, it isn’t about bending to others to make them happy, it is about obeying the one true God of this universe: To emulate His love to others. You never know, your loving attitude and emulation of love may just bring some lost soul to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment