Monday, May 19, 2014

Mighty Warrior


The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

(Zephaniah 3:17, NIV)
 
Before I was saved it didn’t rely on anybody but myself and I didn’t like myself too much. I had an emptiness in my heart I couldn’t fill.  Once I found Jesus though that changed over time.  Jesus saves and He saved me from myself and from eternal damnation to eternal heaven. 
 
I know He takes great delight in me for I am being led by the Holy Spirit daily in my walk with Jesus and I take great pleasure in that.  I don’t feel rebuked like I used to because God is love, pure love, and I get to participate in that love, received like a thirsty traveler finding water.  He rejoices in me and the work I strive to do for Him as lead by the Holy Spirit, not of my own will but of his.
 
For each person we help along the path of righteousness and for each person we help bring to Jesus, not only does he rejoice for us helping the harvest of souls, but He rejoices in the new found child of the most high.  It is our job as children of God to bring others to the Lord. If the Lord is in us, we can’t help but draw people to us and then to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment